Cannonball Read V (Pajiba.com)
The full Cannonball Read V is a challenge to read 52 books in the span of a year. The awesome and touching history of the challenge and more details can be found here: http://cannonballread5.wordpress.com/ As this is my first year, I’m looking to complete the half Cannonball (26) in 2013.
CBR5 #1 Review: The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny
Goodreads UK Book Club – Genre Challenge 2013
New genre each month is voted on by participants. January is historical and I’m going to read The English Monster by Lloyd Shepherd when I’ve finished with The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny. Review to follow soon.
The Beautiful Mystery – Louise Penny
For the first time, I have signed up for two reading challenges in 2010: The Typically British Challenge (Gordon Bennett, 4 novels) and The Book Awards Reading Challenge. I have chosen a preliminary list for each challenge but my list could change.
The Woman in White– Wilkie Collins
- Black Beauty – Anna Sewell
- Harry Potter – JK Rowling
- Thomas Hardy – Tess of the d’Urbervilles
(completed 1/23/10, read my thoughts HERE)
- Cormac McCarthy – The Road (Pulitzer Prize 2007)
- Margaret Atwood – The Blind Assassin (Booker Prize 2000)
- Mary Doria Russel – The Sparrow (Arthur C. Clark 1998)
- Bill Bryson – The Short History of Nearly Everything (Royal Society Prize Science 2004)
- Margaret Maron – Bootlegger’s Daughter (Edgar Prize 1993) (completed February 24, 2010, review my review HERE)
- Karen Cushman – The Midwife’s Apprentice (Newberry 1996)
Louise Penny – A Fatal Grace (Agatha Award 2008)(completed February 5, 2010, read my review HERE)
- Aryn Kyle – The God of Animals (Spur Award 2008, Alex Award 2008) (completed May 15, 2010, read my review HERE)
- Zoë Ferraris – Finding Nouf (Alex Award 2009)
- David Almond – Skellig (Carnegie Medal 1998)